The Perfect Place for Vacation Nevada: Places To Visit In Nevada
Places To Visit In Nevada Situated in the Western region of the United States Of America, Nevada is a very important state, out of the fifty states which constitute the USA. Though the state is internationally more known because of the city of Las Vegas, it has a lot more about it which tends to get overshadowed by the Sin City’s charm. Strangely enough the capital of Nevada is Carson City and not Vegas. Nevada is also known as ‘Silver State’ because of the importance of silver to its economy and history. Libertarian laws, legalised gambling have made Nevada a major tourist destination. Further, Nevada is the only state in the United States where prostitution is legal, though only in some parts.
- Las Vegas: Considered to be the “Entertainment Capital Of The World”, Las Vegas is filled with lights, neon signs, glitter, hotels, majestic resorts, theaters, strip clubs and a lot more. Besides the Fremont Street, the Las Vegas Strip which is home to almost all of the city’s major attractions, like the New York-New York Hotel, the Bellagio Hotel and Casino, the Paris Hotel, the Venetian and the Caesar’s Palace, is what most visitors come to the city to see and experience.
- Lake Tahoe: This 22 mile long fresh water lake, popular for its sparkling water and beautiful setting, as it is surrounded by snow cappped mountains, is one of the most beautiful sites in Nevada. It is a popular year round destination, in summers visitors come here to enjoy the spectacular beaches or to camp in one of the various camping grounds in the area. Whereas, in winter families from across the United States come here to visit the ski resorts in the Lake Tahoe area.
- Reno: In terms of population, Reno is the second largest city in Nevada, only behind Las Vegas. It has numerous attractions and exciting events that catches the attention of tourists from around the world. The city hosts a number of popular annual events such as the National Championship Air Races, The Great Reno Balloon Race etc. It is also home to interesting museums such as the National Automobile Museum.
- Great Basin National Park: The park is located in east-central Nevada, near the border of the state of Utah. The park protects nearly 80,000 acres of basin and the range landscape. One of the main attractions of the park is the 13,063 foot Wheeler Peak. The park also offers a number of well developed camping sites for visitor. Not to miss out it also protects the 5,000 year old Bristlecone Pines.
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area: Locted just outside the city of Las Vegas, this is one of the most popular hiking areas in Nevada. The massive red rock formations are the most striking feature of this geographically diverse area. Some popular activities of this area are rock climbing, horseback riding, mountain biking and wildlife viewing.
Apart from the above stated places the state of Nevada offers various other locations to the visitors such as the Valley of Fire State Park, the modern engineering marvel Hoover Dam, and Lake Mead National Recreation Area.