If You Looking How To Get A New Car Key Made Without The Original Just Call Us Now:(775) 355-4771 247 Locksmith Sparks
How To Get A New Car Key Made Without The Original Losing the car key is a disaster but with numerous services in place that help to restore with the help of a new key or a similar alternative, it is not as big as a problem it was in the older times. If you have lost your car key, there are fundamentally two ways to have it restored:
- You can replace the old key. For this, note down the VIN number of your car. It is usually located on the dashboard on the side of the driver and is usually visible through the window. If you are not sure about the number, they are available even in the document.
- To make the finding of the key specific, you have to note down the other information of the car like the year, make and the model.
- Approach the nearest locksmith. They are the best choice as they have the key done in half the price of a dealer. The locksmith will examine the lock, build the replacement key or part with one if he already has and also reprogram it according to the vehicle. If your car is newer, it is slightly difficult to find the perfect keys from the locksmith.
If your key is electronic,
- First go through the warranty of the car and see if the replacement of the key is covered in that. Approach the dealer with all the information of the car, your license details and all the related manuals.
- Modern car keys have a chip in them in order to prevent fake keys being made. But there is no harm in trying with your local locksmith. Some may design the new key and reprogram it according to your car.
- Search online for aftermarket car keys. You may get some of them at 75% the price of what the dealer will charge you. But still they have to be programmed before usage.
- Your dealer will charge you more than $200 for a new set of keys, but you can be assured that these will work and this is also a quicker option.
- If you are worried about programming costs, you can read through the manual to see if there are instructions for you to program it yourself. If you are sure about it, then you can go for it.